- All predesigns are based on the most recent public genome sequencing data available and will be updated regularly.
- Sigma CRISPR predesigns are created with the goal of minimizing or eliminating off-targeting. All Sigma CRISPR targets are unique within the genome and must meet additional stringent design criteria.
- If your goal is to target a specific isoform of your gene, search by RefSeq number instead of gene name in the CRISPR design tool.
- If your gene name is not producing results, search for it using the RefSeq ID; some genes have many common names and not all may be recognized by the design tool.
- If you do not see any CRISPR designs for your gene name or RefSeq number, please contact us for a custom design by following the custom order form link.
- We recommend screening 4 Sigma CRISPRs for each gene target to find the most active nuclease.
- For knockins, it is advisable to identify the best Sigma CRISPR for your region of interest BEFORE designing donor constructs.
- For knocking out a gene, we recommend targeting an exon within the first 2/3 of the gene's coding region.